Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Also on the To Do List.

Besides trying to become more organised, I do have a few other things on my to do list for this year. I must, must, must get back to doing the things that I used to love doing but have fallen out of the habit of doing over the past few years.
Things like reading and sewing.
Last year I heard about a book club through a friend. But it was full. I had to wait for someone to die.
Or leave town.
And then a got the call.
Someone had died or left town. Not sure which. Was just so excited to have got the call. (Seriously, I think someone left town. I don't think they died.)
So, the first read - The Help


Loved this book, and loved being able to discuss it with other people who have a love of books. Yet, I wonder if we have anything else in common.
Like any town, this town has THE area to live in.
We don't live in that area because we don't want to be broken by a mortgage the size of a small countries economy.
Most of the book club members come from THE area. Yet to see if a love of literature can cross that divide.


On the side, I've also read Rob Lowe's biography. My teenage pinup.


Apparently it's not on the official reading list.
But I did enjoy it.

Sewing - I have been going to a quilting group every second Monday night for a while now. We work on quilt together. Not always the kind f quilts I would make. Actually, very rarely. But I love the social side.





And I love the appreciation you develop of other peoples tastes.
Actually, this quilt has a lot of meaning to members of our group. It's called the travel quilt because each block has a piece of fabric in it collected from various travels- Hong Kong, Spain, France, USA, New Zealand, outback Australia...
But it is time to get back into making some things of my own. I feeling mentally overwhelmed by the amount of half done things I need to finish. So, I just need to start.


The Captain gave me a DSLR camera for my birthday. So the next thing on my to do list was a photography course.


We are up to week 4 of a 6 week course.
So far I have learnt how to take photos of things moving fast at night.


I just don't get aperture.
I need to buy aperture for dummies.
Is there such a thing? Seriously, can anyone explain it in simple, understandable terms?

And that's my list so far.

No comments: