Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Monday, June 11, 2012

Winter Blues

There are some things I am very grateful for. Not living in the Northern Hemishere is one of them. Don't get me wrong. We have lived in the northern hemisphere and loved it. Loved, loved, loved it. I'm desperate to go back soon. But it's the winters that would get me. I cannot do the cold. No matter how hard I try. Once it drops below 20ÂșC I feel like I've moved to the Antarctic. So, I'd never be able to live in the snow.

Or maybe I could...
Maybe everything would be centrally heated...

Here, we do not build our houses well to cope with the cold. Especially older houses. And with the cost of electricity, heating becomes a real issue.

Last winter I google the type of thermal underwear you wear when you climb Mount Everest. I figure that if it keeps them warm, it should work for me.
Im still trying to work out how to afford it.....

Anyway, winter is here. For just over a week. And I've already had enough.


Maybe I should move to the northern hemisphere during our winters, and the the southern hemisphere during their winters. A permanent summer. Yes. That would suit me just fine.

Or maybe I'll just move to Queensland.


No comments: