Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just Stuff...

The mornings are becoming very crisp and cool.



The kids are all out of the house by 7.40 on school days, so it was very tempting to turn my electric blanket up high and curl back up into bed with my book. I seriously contemplated it.


Why not? Because you have too many things to do. But surely there can be a lttle leeway? Common sense prevailed. Made another cup of coffee, a bowl of porridge and got on with my day.


Why so much to do? A busy weekend last weekend just meant there is a lot of catching up to do. Worked 4 days last week and Friday night had us all in different directions and I was home alone. Took a minute out to contemplate the busy weekend ahead.


Saturday meant travelling to a nearby town to Watch Mr B play rugby. It was an absolutely beautiful Autumn day. They won their match.



My sister and her husband live in this town and they are building a house. Literally themselves. A long, ongoing project. So we had a look at their progress before heading home.



The Major and I then headed out with some friends to watch a local production of Aida. For an amateur production I really enjoyed it. Which is great. We need to know that even in the country there are some quality cultural experiences.


Sunday, Mother's Day. Usually I really don't like this day. The Major is not known for his emotional side, so there is no breakfast in bed, no Happy Mother's Day greetings, no gift, no card. It has always been this way, but I'd just rather avoid all the questions from other people- Did you get breakfast in bed? Did they spoil you? Miss E did apologise to me, she was upset that she didn't have anything for me but she didn't have the capacity to do anything about it without the help of her dad. It's always awkward and I'd rather skip the whole day. But this year was different. I was able to spend the afternoon with my own mother which is only the second time in 23 years. And it was lovely.


I found this on the weekend.



Perfect. http://lesleyandjo.wordpress.com
Will be hanging it in the family room.

No comments: