Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Slipping through my fingers...

Today it happened. Today my baby Miss E started high school. Why is this such a big deal? She went to 4 different primary schools and I never once worried.She is used to starting new schools. This isn't even a new school. It's just the senior campus of the junior school she went to. I didn't feel so worried when the boys started high school. Is it because she's my baby? Is it because she's my girl? Is it because it ends the primary school era? Is it my fear of an all girls school? Not sure.Maybe all of the above.

Emma seemed fine, although I think she was a little nervous. But that had more to do with getting lost, more homework and having to be more organised in general. So, I have to suck it up and see this as a positive time of growth. I have to enjoy watching her turn into a lady and be proud of who she's becoming. Encourage her to shine and nuture her unique individuality.

Maybe I'm just in denial that I have three high school aged children....



Her big life question after her first day at school? "Random question Mum, but what age were you when you started shaving your legs"
Groan....

No comments: