Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Boys Turn

Today was the boys turn to begin the school year. No big deal on their behalf. It's wasn't nearly as overwhelming for me today. But I did want to take the mandatory first day of school photos, but neither were very fussed to co-operate. Their school has introduced a new akubra school hat this year as their formal dress hat, and the boys are not very keen on them at all. Has something to do with ruining their hairstyle. What's with that?? Boys with gelled up hair with the perfect messy look that doesn't accommodate a hat. Gen y. Problem is it's compulsory, so we'll see what happens. They left for school carrying them. Mr B is entering yr11. Senior school, only two years left. Time to knuckle down. This does cause me some heartache. I don't want him to grow up, I don't want him to leave. Ever. ok, maybe there will be a point at some time where I will be wishing he'd go, but I don't think it will be in the next few years. Maybe when he's 40...


Miss E had a day of testing to determine what classes she would go into She's in yellow class, whatever that means! Formal classes start tomorrow. Yesterdays life question was about shaving her legs, todays was about having a phone. So, I had been thinking that now she is on a different campus to the boys, a phone might be a good thing. But she is talking about girls who have iphone4's. Miss E is 11 and an iphone is NOT on the agenda!! Oh boy!!

No comments: