Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just feeling a little blah.....

The first six months after moving are usually a combination of finding your feet in your new environment and grieving what you have left behind.The second six months you are beginning to find your way and settle. The next year is tricky. You still haven't been in your new community long enough to have made solid friends but you are really starting to miss those deep connections. And that is where I am at at the moment. Just not feeling connected. My job as a relief teacher doesn't help, can't commit to anything. No regular commitment to groups of interest means no connections. I'm starting to feel like regular part time work would be better- knowing exactly what days you are working each week. But the opportunities for this type of work are extremely limited here. It doesn't help that generally I'm a fairly social person and not having that outlet in my life at the moment is frustrating.

I'm just lacking enthusiasm for anything at the moment. No enthusiasm for the housework (ok, so I may never have had much enthusiasm for that), no enthusiasm for cooking, no enthusiasm for all the things I used to love doing. Just don't have any drive any more. Is it a vicious circle? - no connection therefore losing the drive or losing the drive therefore no connections? Whatever the case, it is making me feel like a very bad mother and wife.

I know it is just a stage and it will pass, but the waiting can be hard.....

1 comment:

Leisa said...

Thinking of you Lesley - hope you feel more settled soon.