Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Denial

Apparently Christmas is in 43 sleeps. I'm in denial. But the evidence seems to be mounting. Here are the clues so far:

1. I go into a chemist to find christmas decorations for sale. I buy one and it is now on my mantle


2. Family are presenting me with Christmas wish lists


3. Christmas crafts for sale at local quilt show


4. Stores are selling Christmas trees


5. Some neighbourhood houses have lights up already


6. I find myself buying new lights to replace the ones the dog chewed



7. I go to a gingerbread house decorating night with Miss E.


8. I bought a Christmas present today.


9. My Christmas app tells me it's 43 sleeps till Christmas


10. I have written Staff Christmas Dinner into my diary

11. And lastly, J tells me she going to the Christmas Pageant in Adelaide tomorrow.


The evidence appears insurmountable. It just might be Christmas in 43 sleeps. I'm going to have to bring myself out of denial.

The next mystery then would be where is my Christmas mojo?? It is definitely AWOL.


On another note. Master B served as a waiter tonight at the Yr12 farewell dinner. In 12 months time it will be his farewell dinner. I picked him up afterwards and he says to me - I don't want Yr 12 to end. I ask why. He says I wont get to see everyone all the time- I'll miss my friends. Reality is sinking in for him. I don't want it to end either. The reality is sinking in for me as well. I think I'll spend the next 12 months quietly crying. Who am I kidding- I'll be howling, kicking and screaming!

No comments: