Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Old and New

The last few weeks of school were hectic. Report time. The stress, the late nights. How honest can you really be? Apparently not too honest as I was to find out. The number of changes I had to make in order to please parents was crazy. And even then had some very upset parents. And they were for reports I thought were outstanding. Sometimes your best effort is just not good enough.

 So, I was really looking forward to school holidays. Love holidays. Love being at home, love having the kids around. But it's also the time I noticed that we are still relative newbies around here. I think it is possibly for me to go for a week at a time without speaking to another adult, especially while the Major is away. Still not at the catch up for no reason point. It will happen. Thank goodness for church because it at least gets me out on Sundays.

But this week was different. We lived in Toowoomba for nearly ten years. It was where two of my children were born. It's where I could have imagined staying forever. This week one of my dearest friends from Toowoomba came to visit. It was great just to be together catching up. We have a lot of history together.


We did do more than just sit around drinking coffee. We did the tourist thing- checked out the sites of the town. Which didn't take too long!

And we spent the day in a very tiny town about an hour away. In it's day to was a thriving gold mining town. Now, it has a few quaint stores that rely on the tourist trade. Only a tiny town, but with much to offer.









And then it was time to say goodbye. I do so miss not being able to spend more time with old friends, friendships that have stood the test of time. But, I am grateful to have had them at all and feel blessed to know as many people from as many different places as I do.






No comments: