Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost...

Friday, February 11, 2011

Catching up...

Seeing as I have a bit of time on my hands, I have decided to get some photos organised. 5 1/2 years ago we left Australia, travelled through Singapore, England and France on the way to living for a year in California. I have thousands of photos on the computer and haven't printed up any of them. See, told you I am not fantastic at getting myself organised.
Youth Hostel in the Lakes District

The difficult part will be knowing which ones to print up. Each photo has special memories, but realistically, there are way too many to print them all. And they would be of no interest to anyone but us really.
Durham

Then I wonder if I should print them up individually and put the into albums or should I have them printed into books. I think they look really nice in that format but then you can't add to them later. But hey, it has taken me this long to even get started, so don't really think I will want to add to them later.
Fromage at Paris markets

I really want to do this properly. I know it will cost a bit, but it will be worth it. I am wondering why I didn't edit it them better as I went along. How come there are so many duds I didn't delete at the time? That's a lesson learnt. Sure is making a lot of work for me now.

Paris flower markets

I am very grateful for digital cameras though. Imagine having to print up each print before even deciding which ones to put into an album. There is no way I would have been able to take as many photos as I did. And I would probably have had as many duds, just that I would have had to pay to have them printed before I found out there were a dud. Digital cameras are an amazing invention!
Poppy fields in south of France

Now all I need is an SLR. Still working on that one!

No comments: